Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Moderation

Moderation is the process of eliminating or lessening extremes.

We frequently hear "all things in moderation." Usually regarding food. After just watching an episode of "Not My Mama's Meals" I am completely understanding the saying. Holy cow the fat content of some of Paula Deen's food.

I'm not condemning her. Don't get me wrong. I grew up in Georgia. I know what southern food is like. But who ever thought of using doughnuts to make bread pudding! I think I'll take my grandmothers any day of the week.

I guess I'm lucky. I've somehow managed to lose a lot of my sweet tooth. I think chocolate cream pie is too sweet. I prefer scones and muffins to sweet breads and doughnuts. I mean, I'll occasionally eat a Krispy Kreme doughnut. I AM from the south after all. But wowzers, some of her stuff is just TOO sweet.

All things in moderation.

No comments: