Friday, November 9, 2012

Stream of Consciousness Lists

If you look up "stream of consciousness" the definition that I found most often was "a literary technique that presents the thoughts and feelings of a character as they occur."

Many books are written in this format. Some notable ones being: Ulysses by James Joyce, The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald, and On the Road by Jack Kerouac.

I have also found many blogs that have stream of consciousness list(s).
Some of my favorites are: Diva in DemandAugmented Identity, and Amateur Gourmet.

These have prompted me to add my own stream of consciousness list here.

1) These new Geico commercials are hilarious. My favorites are "happier than an antelope with night-vision goggles" and "happier than a witch in a broom factory."

2) My left shoulder muscle has started to ache again. I know it's stress. Of course, it could be from submitting 30 online job applications today. But maybe that's stress too. You know, not having a job.

3) I am going to miss the TV show, No Reservations.

4) I need to get my Etsy shop up and running. I have a bunch of vintage and antique items to post that were my great-grandmothers' and grandmothers'.

5) I wonder why my 5 year old daughter has gotten so grumpy and contrary lately. Starting school doesn't seem to have been a good thing for her. She might be emulating what she sees from other kids at school.

6) Three of my kids (all of the younger ones) seem to be wanting me to have another baby. I'm not opposed (I love kids) but kinda curious that all 3 of them have suddenly started mentioning it.

7) I need to buy more orange juice.

8) Infamous Road of Death in Bolivia... can you tell I'm watching the Travel Channel?

9) I love the Travel Channel. And Moscato.

10) I want to try that pink and red Moscato that I saw at the grocery earlier this week. Maybe I'll buy some for Thanksgiving if my in-laws do actually come out.

11) Also, I love the Capital One Bank commercials with the cute little girl.

12) And I have already started to get rejection emails from those 30 applications. Seriously, I have 2 degrees. I'm applying for retail positions, something I've done since I was 16. How can I not be qualified?

No comments: