Sunday, May 6, 2007

Naive

I have come to the full realization of how naïve and sheltered I actually am. I tried my hand at acting out as a teen. I tried drugs…all of twice. I had sex early. I got pregnant at fifteen. My son was born when I was sixteen. He’s thirteen now. That’s where and when I stopped challenging anything. We got married a little over a month later. I mean I still have my opinions but, well… what good do they do me or anyone else?

I guess that I actually got lucky. I never got addicted to anything that I couldn’t quit and I never caught anything. But have I ever actually experienced life? Yeah, I can tell you all about raising kids and being married. But is that a life?

I want to experience life. I want to see the world. The real world (and no smart ass remarks please, of course I don’t mean the TV show). I want to travel and yet not see the areas like a tourist. I guess I want to move around. I want to find a place that I truly love and want to live.
Unfortunately, for those of us in the real world, this isn’t really possible. You must go where the jobs are. And you usually end up choosing a place you don’t really want to be. Like a city with a really good school system for the kids. Or an area with no sales tax or a low property tax.
Where am I at? I am at the place with the great school system, a pretty good job for my husband that can lead to better things and a pretty good college that I will transfer to at the end of next school year. I am looking forward to that. Maybe I can broaden my horizons through my classes.

No comments: