Sunday, May 6, 2007

Some things are just too good

Have you ever found something that was just too good? I keep finding them. I find movies, music, books, actors, even gestures made by people around me.

I find these things and then I repeat them. I will watch the same movie over and over until I know the movie backwards and forwards. I can out-quote anyone I have ever met on Top Gun and I did that one when I was about eight.

I will read a book that I love repeatedly. (Lord of the Rings, The Green Berets) I read about six books at a time on top of that.

When I find a song I like I will listen to it over and over. Once I know it, I will sing it over and over. I still know songs that I haven't even heard in probably fourteen years. Hell I can sing Elvis Presley songs (thank you Mom) that I used for dance routines when I did beauty pageants. I quit those in 1989.

So am I nuts? Does anyone else do this?

No comments: