Friday, May 25, 2007

Spring Quarter is over

Yep that's right. Spring quarter which seemed to drag on interminably is over. The summer quarter won't start until June 6th. What's a person to do with so much free time???

Me? Oh I have plans. Starting with beginning an exercise plan. Something about surfing the web and seeing so many pictures of gorgeous (read air-brushed) celebrities just makes me want to go for a jog.

And then I remember. The last time I ran anywhere was to keep my toddler from running into traffic. The last time I ran for any amount of time at all was 14 years ago. Who am I kidding? I am in no condition to run, not even psychologically.

Ok, back to square one. What do I do first? I suppose the logical first step is to start walking. But even that is a bit of a difficulty considering I have a 3 year old and a 1 month old and a single stroller. Ever tried to take a brisk walk with a 3 year old? You aren't brisk for long.

There has to be something. Jumping rope? Hmm... maybe... but with my coordination? I wonder how I'll look with a broken nose & 2 black eyes after trying to jump rope around said children, 2 dogs and a cat?

Biking? Nope... no bike or trailer for the kids. And no I don't have a stationary bike or treadmill available. That leaves me with maybe one option. Wanna take a guess?

Yep, dance. I took dance lessons for years from Ms. Pauline. Shouldn't be too hard right? We shall see. After all anything is possible. I finally am growing my fingernails for the first time in my life after years of biting them.

So I am ready to give this a shot. I've got my nice stretchy (read comfy) yoga pants & a tank top on. Oh, another drawback. No tennis shoes. The St. Bernard ate them when she was going through her puppy-chewing-on-shoes phase. What to do? Well, I guess for now, my socks will have to do.

Note to self: Buy new tennis shoes.

Note to self: Socks and hard wood floors do not work well together.

Note to self: Buy new ice pack.

No comments: