Saturday, May 26, 2007

Yet Another Reminder

that socks and hardwood floors don't mix. Especially hardwood stairs. Yep, you guessed it. I fell down my front stairs this morning after my socks slipped. Amazingly, my ass is fine. My left arm is a different story but nothing big. A scrape from hell and a gigantic bruise on my inner forearm and elbow and a bruise on my have that makes me look like a prize fighter. Lovely considering I am a 5'5" female and NOT a prize fighter.

Hey that's better than the last time I fell down them. Last time, I hurt my butt so bad I couldn't sit comfortably for over a year.

Before you think there's a pattern here, a) my husband was no where around either time, b) no one pushed me either, c) I am normally not that clumsy.

The last time my shoes were slick because of rain. This time my socks were slippery. OK, OK, I admit it, I'm a clutz. But, hey all things considered, I am not doing to bad. I have fallen down the stairs only twice in two years. And only 4 times in my entire life.

Just don't put me on roller skates and expect miracles.

Upon further examination, this scrape is gonna look like the scrapes my kids get when they fall off their skateboards & bikes once it scabs over. Great. I'm gonna look like I'm 12 again. Insert groan here.

No comments: